Coordinator of another ‘fake agency’ breaks silence, shares appointment letter

The National Coordinator of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has broken his silence over allegations that his office is a ‘fake’ Federal…

Katsina City News August 23, 2026  ·  12:00 AM
| 109 Views
Coordinator of another ‘fake agency’ breaks silence, shares appointment letter
Coordinator of another ‘fake agency’ breaks silence, shares appointment letter


The National Coordinator of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has broken his silence over allegations that his office is a ‘fake’ Federal Government agency, releasing an appointment letter he said confirms his position under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Nwabueze shared the appointment letter on LinkedIn while responding to the allegation by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission that he was operating a fake government agency.

His response followed an allegation by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission that President Bola Tinubu had ordered his arrest over the alleged operation of a fake Federal Government agency.


The ICPC also alleged that Nwabueze operated the office with the help of some senior officials in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Nwabueze, however, maintained that the office is legitimate and has operated within the OSGF for several years.

Nwabueze said, “Made in Nigeria Special Project Office is a project office in the OSGF. We don’t know where fake agency comes from.

“A programme that has been in the SGF’s office since 16 July 2010 was just discovered yesterday (Friday). After 16 years, Nigeria is a funny country.”

One of the documents shared by Nwabueze is an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, which was purportedly issued by the OSGF.

The letter, referenced OSGF/MIN/59310/11/205, was signed by the Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs Office, Nadungu Gagare.

It was addressed to “Hon. George Buchi Nwabueze, National Coordinator, Made in Nigeria Project Office, OSGF, Three Arms Zone, Abuja.”

The letter conveyed approval of Nwabueze’s appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.

According to the document, the appointment was for five years beginning from July 2025 and was renewable.

The letter stated, “I am directed to formally convey the approval of your appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”

It said the appointment followed “a careful evaluation of your commitment, contribution, and capacity in delivering on the mandate of the Special Project Office.”


The appointment letter also listed Nwabueze’s responsibilities, including overseeing the development and implementation of programmes, projects and policies.

Advertisement

NRS Gateway

He was also assigned to coordinate regional and state coordinators across the 36 states and organise exhibitions, trade fairs, economic summits and other activities aimed at promoting Nigerian products and services.

The document stated that the project office would temporarily operate from Room B53, Ground Floor, within the OSGF complex.

It also stated, “Please note that this appointment is at the pleasure of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and in line with the objectives of the Made in Nigeria initiative under the Renewed Hope Agenda.”

Made-in-Nigeria project sought special status
Another document shared by Nwabueze on LinkedIn showed that the Made-in-Nigeria initiative had previously sought formal recognition as a Special Project.

The document, dated April 17, 2025, was signed by Gagare and addressed to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

With reference number PS-PEAO/2025/008/4, it was titled, ‘A proposal for the Made-in-Nigeria Project to be granted Special Project status.’

The proposal said the initiative had been operating for about five years and had promoted Nigerian-made goods and services both within Nigeria and internationally.

It also stated that the project had organised economic forums and trade exhibitions in different parts of the world and contributed to the economy, particularly by attracting foreign direct investment.

The document listed job creation, economic expansion and poverty reduction among the expected benefits of granting the initiative Special Project status.

It further stated that the programme could boost Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product by supporting local industries and encouraging domestic manufacturing.

According to the proposal, promoting locally produced goods would also help reduce dependence on imports, conserve foreign exchange and improve the country’s trade balance.

The document linked the initiative to the Federal Government’s wider economic diversification agenda, especially efforts to reduce dependence on crude oil and strengthen the non-oil sector.

The Permanent Secretary subsequently urged the SGF to consider granting the initiative special status.

The proposal said such recognition would strengthen the project’s credibility, improve its effectiveness and enable it to better fulfil its stated mandate.

Culled from TRIBUNE 

Written by

Katsina City News

Katsina City News is a journalist and correspondent at Katsina Times — covering local, national and international news with a focus on Northern Nigeria.

Comments (0)

No comments yet. Be the first to share your thoughts!

Leave a Comment

What is 7 + 5?